5 Warming Cocktails
to Get You in the Thanksgiving Spirit
For many of us, Thanksgiving starts the holiday season and brings out recipes that have been passed down from generation-to-generation. It’s the time of year when we gather together, filling our plates with comfort foods and familiar favorites. Sweet aromas fill the air reminding us of holidays past and traditions we share.
It’s also a great time to create special cocktails for the holiday gatherings of family and friends. Here are a few recipes that invoke a festive fall spirit using our signature Vitzellen Vodka and John AP. Conoley Whiskey. #EnjoyResponsibly
Pumpkin lovers, this easy recipe requires only a few ingredients! Keep reading for 4 more holiday favorites that follow this delicious pumpkin martini.
|1.5 ounces||Vitzellen Vodka|
Half & Half
|1 Tbs||Pumpkin pie filling or pureed pumpkin|
|1 Tbs||Maple Syrup|
|¼ tsp||Pumpkin Pie Spice (divided)
(Alternate: A pinch of each: cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg)
- Combine the Sugar and 1/8 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice in a shallow dish or small plate. Dip rim of chilled martini glass in water, then dip in mixture to coat. Set aside.
- In a martini shaker filled with ice, combine the Vitzellen Vodka, vanilla liqueur, half and half, pumpkin pie filling, maple syrup and remaining 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Shake vigorously and strain into prepared glass.
- Optional garnishes: Garnish with a sprinkle of spice, a cinnamon stick or a star anise.
2 ounces Vitzellen Vodka
1 ounce Orange Liqueur
½ ounce lemon juice
1 ounce apple cider
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
2 dashes Bitters
- In a martini shaker filled with ice, combine the Vitzellen Vodka, orange liqueur, lemon juice, apple cider, vanilla and bitters. Shake vigorously and strain into glass.
Bourbon Whiskey Cran-Orange Cocktail
1.5 oz John AP Conoley Bourbon Whiskey
2 tsp jellied cranberry sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 T orange juice
fresh rosemary (optional garnish)
- Mix together John AP Conoley Bourbon Whiskey, cranberry sauce, sugar, and orange juice.
- Pour over ice cubes, top with club soda and garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired.
Apple Cranberry Moscow Mule (serves 2)
4 oz Vitzellen Vodka
¼ cup cranberry juice
½ cup sparkling apple juice
2 7.5-oz bottles Ginger Beer
fresh cranberries for garnish
- Fill two large glasses with ice. Add the vodka and cranberry juice.
- Add the sparkling apple juice and then fill the rest of the way with the ginger beer.
- Stir gently to combine and serve immediately.
Caramel Cream Martini
¾ oz Salted Caramel Vitzellen Vodka
½ oz cognac, or your favorite brandy
¾ oz vanilla liqueur
½ oz half and half
sugar for glass rim
- In a martini shaker filled with ice, combine the Vitzellen Vodka, cognac, vanilla liqueur, and half and half.
- Shake vigorously and pour into glass with sugared rim.
- Serve immediately.
Thanksgiving is about sharing memories and making new ones with those we love. Enjoy the gatherings with seasonally flavored cocktail recipes that will leave everyone smiling and thankful you made them!